If you’ve spent even the slightest amount of time in the world of business and entrepreneurship, you’ve no doubt heard of the infamous elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is a short conversation or spiel that you can have with someone (in an elevator perhaps) in a quick minute or two that gives them an understanding of your business.
The idea comes from the theory that you might only have a minute or two with another person on an elevator and that you should be able to express your brand’s unique selling points concisely and quickly.
In real estate, it’s all about connecting with people. When you do this, you will increase your opportunities for leads, clients and sales. Think about the last time someone randomly asked you what you do. Did you have a polished response at the ready or were you standing them stammering and searching for words?
Not only is an elevator pitch intended to help you sell, it also helps you explain who you are and what you do in a way that is memorable and engaging.
Here are some tips that can help you figure out how to craft an elevator pitch that will help you see results:
1. Focus on the benefits – Get right to the point of what you have to say by focusing on the benefits that your brand or business provides. This helps people understand what you can do for them, which is often what we are all thinking when someone starts sharing sales info.
2. Demonstrate Credibility – Nobody likes a chronic name-dropper, but if you have a connection that is substantial, feel free to mention that. Sometimes a familiar name helps provide a foot in the door and it lends credibility to your business or brand.
3. Keep it Short & Sweet – Don’t try to share too much in your elevator speech. Keep it short and to the point. Provide a few details and explain your expertise. Give them the proverbial sizzle, just not the steak.
4. Motivate them to Act – You aren’t just talking to hear yourself speak. When you share a pitch, end it with something that spurs the listener to action. Whether this is closing the deal on a sale or signing a new client, be up front and clear about what you want and how they can act on it.
5. Be Yourself – You are the face of your brand. Be authentic and genuine. People appreciate that and it will cause you to stand out from the crowd. Show your passion and enthusiasm for what you do and it will be contagious for others.
When you understand the importance of having an elevator pitch, you can begin to craft one that is engaging and memorable. These are just a few ways that you can advance your real estate career by promoting your personal brand.
Here at Big Block Realty, we are California’s leading 100% commission real estate brokerage. As part of our team, you will keep your entire commission while still enjoying all the perks of working with an industry leader such as Big Block.
A career in real estate allows you to leverage your potential in a way that no other industry or field can.
Oliver, Sam, Spencer and
The Big Block Realty Family
Have questions? Call (800) 550-3209 or Click—> Contact us today
Big Block Realty
CA DRE #01885775
Big Block Realty Voted Best 100 Commission Real Estate Brokerage, proudly serving: San Diego, Orange County, Riverside, Los Angeles, Palm Springs and much more!
Image courtesy of lamnee / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This entry was posted on Friday, October 11th, 2013 at 3:16 pm and is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.